1992 B.S. College of Pharmacy, Chungbuk National University, Korea
1994 M.S. College of Pharmacy, Chungbuk National University, Korea
1999 Ph.D. College of Pharmacy, Chungbuk National University, Korea
1999-2001 Postdoc, Korea Research Institute of Bioscience and Biotechnology (KRIBB)
2001-2003 Postdoctoral Research Associate, College of Pharmacy, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, U.S.A.
1) Isolation and structure determination of new bioactive compounds from natural products
2) Activity-guided isolation of plant-derived anticancer and antiinflammatory agents
3) Development of NF-kB inhibitors from natural products
1) Suppression of RelA/p65 transactivation activity by a lignoid manassantin isolated from Saururus chinensis, Biochem. Pharmacol., 69(10), 1925-1933 (2003).
2) Antimicrobial constituents from goldenseal (the Rhizomes of Hydrastis canadensis) against selected oral pathogens, Planta Med., 69(7), 623-627 (2003).
3) Cytotoxic triterpenes from the twigs of Celtis philippinensis, Phytochemistry, 62(2), 197-201 (2003)
4) Kaurane diterpene, kamebakaurin, inhibits NF-kB by directly targeting the DNA-binding activity of p50 and blocks the ex
5) Two new furanoditerpenes from Saururus chinenesis and their effects on the activation of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma, J. Nat. Prod., 65(4), 616-617 (2002)
1) Novel use of diterpene compound as a therapeutic agent of inflammation, immune disease or cancer, PCT patent, Patent No. WO 02/47675 A1 (2002)
1988-1992: BS, College of Pharmacy, Seoul National University
1992-1994: MS, College of Pharmacy, Seoul National University
1994-2000: Ph.D, College of Pharmacy, Seoul National University
2000-2001: Post Doc. National Institute of Health, Korea
2001-2003: Post Doc. NIDDK, National Institute of Health, USA
2004-2005: Research associate, Research Institute of Pharmaceutical Science, Seoul National University
2006-2007: Director, Institute for Life Science, Elcom Science Co.Ltd.
2008-2008: Research Professor, Institute of Nano-Bio Technology, Ewha Womans University
2008-present: Assistant Professor, College of Pharmacy, Chungbuk National University
1) Antifibrotic activity of triterpenoids from the aerial parts of Euscaphis japonica on hepatic stellate cells (2009) J Enz Inhib Med Chem, 24: 1276-1279
2) Determination and Identification of Nine Constituents in Siho-Gyeoji-Tang by HPLC-DAD and HPLC-MS/MS (2009) J Liq Chromatogr rel Technol, 32: 2122-2133
3) Pinusolide and 15-methoxypinusolidic acid attenuate the neurotoxic effect of staurosporine in primary rat cortical cultures. Br J Pharmacol 150: 65-71 (2007)
1) Bioactive compounds from natural resources
2) Structure activity relationship of derivatives
3) Evaluation of biological activity of natural products